Air purifiers have nowadays become essentially important, especially if you are a pet owner. If you have any furry friends or dogs and cats in your home, then it is an undeniable fact that there will be pet hairs, dander and odours all around. Due to this, you or your family members might have to suffer from pet allergies and thus these pollutants cause a serious threat to their life.
The only easy way to get rid of this problem is installing the best air purifier for pets. These air purifiers will surely remove the hairs and odour of the pet from your home, thus making it a safe place for healthy living.
Why do you Essentially Need Air Purifiers for Pets?
If you have a pet at your home, then it’s your duty to look after it and ensure that no viruses or germs get spread from their dander or hair. This is because continuous exposure to pet dander or hair can affect you or any of your family members from pet allergies. Thus, the best way to be extra careful is by the installation of air purifiers for pets.
- Air purifiers help in the removal of fur particles and pet dander from the surface, which might not be possible to clean with vacuum cleaners.
- It helps in controlling the indoor allergens.
- Pets like dogs, cats and birds often lose their hair due to hair loss and this pollutes the indoor air. Due to this polluted air, elderly family members or children might fall sick or get affected with lung disease. So, an air purifier will never let this happen as it will eliminate those harmful air pollutants from your premises. Thus, provides safety to your family members and also saves your medical bills.
- There is no doubt that a pet owner can never restrict themselves from being affectionate towards their pets. But this increases the chance of developing allergies through the urine, saliva and sweat of the pets. So, it is a better idea to install an air purifier beforehand.
- Last but not the least, if the air in your surroundings is fresh and purified, then it will help you to stay physically as well as mentally fit. Breathing fresh air will keep you away from various respiratory ailments.
Key Features to Consider While Choosing the Best Air Purifiers for Pets:
Well, if you are a proud pet owner and you are sick of cleaning pet hair all around your home, then it’s time to get updated with the best air purifier for pets. This will not only keep you and your family members away from pet odours but also away from different diseases that might trigger anytime.
But before selecting the air purifier that suits your needs, you must take a look at certain specialized features that will help you to choose the best and also protect your family in future.
- The air purifier must contain a True HEPA Filter for eliminating various particles that cause pet allergies.
- It must have a dual pre-filter- a washable one and another ultimate one to remove pet hair from your premises.
- The design of the air purifier should be space-saving, i.e. it can be wall-mounted air purifiers or tower design air purifiers.
- It should be compact in size so that its placement and installation becomes easier.
- It must be fitted with smart sensors to automatically control the quality of air indoors and regulate the fan speed as per the volume of contaminants present.
- The air purifier must have an in-built activated carbon filter which will help in eliminating pet odours.
Buying Guide to Best Air Purifiers for Pets: Our Top Recommendations
Are you finding trouble in choosing the best air purifier for pets? Then this write-up will help you to make the right decision. The air purifiers that we have recommended here are tried and tested by our team of experts in real-world and thus they have shared their experiences regarding its power consumption, strong performance, air filtration system and speed of fan. They minutely check every feature of it and thus recommend them to users.
So, here in this post, we are discussing the top 5 air purifiers for pets that you can opt to purchase. These air purifiers have been suggested based upon the key factors that one should consider while making a purchase. You can take a look at the different product features, their benefits and drawbacks and then decide on your budget.
1. GermGuardian Air Purifier
This AHAM verified air purifier comes with a completely new Pet Pure Treatment technology. It has the capability to successfully remove the pollen particles, dust particles and tobacco smell. Being encrypted with a true HEPA filter, it is responsible for capturing household dust and allergens up to 99.97%. Apart from that, it also prevents the bacteria growth on its surface.
This air purifier is mostly suitable for rooms up to 167 sq. ft. The UV-C light feature of it eliminates even the smallest of bacteria, viruses and germs in the air, thus making it a top choice for most pet owners. With the help of the Charcoal filter present inside, it eliminates the foul smell from the place. Its entire air filtration system should be replaced annually.
Moreover, this air purifier is manufactured in compliance with Carb and also comes with a certification from Energy Star.
- With a True HEPA Filter, this air purifier is available at an affordable range.
- Its 3-in-1 filtration process helps in the removal of even the finest of particles such as pollens, dust, etc.
- Due to its compact nature, its installation and placement both are easy.
- For optimizing the efficiency of the fan, this air purifier of 22-inch comes with a grill on both sides.
- If set at the top, the device seems to be noisy.
- The device does not possess smart and modern features.
2. Winix HR900 Air Purifier
From the selling point of view and also in terms of specifications and features, the Winix HR900 is one of the best air purifiers that one can have for pets. What makes this device unique is its 5-Stage air cleaning system which not only eliminates but destroys around 99.97% of dust particles and particulate matter that are shredded by your pets. This means that you will be free from any dander or pet hair that can trigger you pet allergies.
The True HEPA filter of Winix HR900 is often known as the Ultimate Pet Pre-filter. This is because it not only captures and removes the tiniest of pollutants like pet hair, dander and fur but also remains cleaner for a longer time without any cleaning activity. The device also comes with a unique PlasmaWave technology that creates dual polarity ions through emission of electrical discharge. These ions when dispersed in the air remove hydrogen from air pollutants and this results in a fresher and cleaner air.
With the four-mode fan speed and coated Activated Carbon filter, it protects you from different types of Volatile Organic Compounds and odours. The smart sensors of this air purifier automatically detect the quality of the air and ensure that the air quality in your premises stays within control. If the sensors find any degradation in the quality of air, then the LED indicator will warn you and suggest you to adjust the speed of the fan for dealing with contaminants.
- Possess a good coverage of 360 square feet
- With smart features and advanced technologies, this impressive product is available at such an affordable range.
- Uses unique and powerful PlasmaWave Technology
- The device comes with fabulous performance ratings.
- The device might malfunction due to electromagnetic interference from other electronic goods.
- Some users claim that the PlasmaWave technology might be injurious for asthma patients.
3. Levoit Core 300
The Levoit Core 300 comes with an upgraded motor and this is responsible for its extended lifetime. With its certified True HEPA filter, this device can be specifically customized for eliminating all problems related to pets. Its advanced air filtration system can resolve all your pet allergies problems by eliminating dust, dander and other particulate matters and that too without any problems.
Moreover, the carbon filters of Levoit Core 300 contain high-grade granular carbon particles which adsorb as well as chemically decompose allergies coming from pet, smoke, odour, etc. With a capability to purify 215 square feet and CADR rating of 135 cfm, this air purifier is one of the best air purifiers in terms of budget. As the device operates at 25dB, you can use this air purifier at the time of sleeping without any note of disturbance.
- Being compact in nature, you can install it anywhere within the premises
- Premium quality customization of air filters
- It’s quiet operation makes it best while sleeping
- Comes with highest fan power under this price range.
- Absence of smart features in the device.
4. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300
Honeywell HPA300 is the most reliable and best air purifier for pets which come with a two-stage air purifying system. The most highlighted feature of this device is its True HEPA filter that has the capability to capture 99.97% of airborne particles. This is the reason why this Honeywell HPA300 air purifier is regarded as True Allergen Remover.
Another prominent feature which makes this Honeywell HPA300 worthy to buy is its unmatched speed of the fan. It has a much higher CADR than most of its substitute devices at this range. It is to be noted that the CADR ratings does not specify the performance of any air purifier, but it cannot be denied that with such high CADR, this device will quickly remove all your pet allergens.
As the activated carbon filter of this air purifier is attached to its pre-filter, you need to change this pre-filter at an interval of 3 months.
- This device is best if considered value for price.
- Comes with a warranty of 5 years
- It can cover area up to 465 square feet
- With high CADR ratings, it offers amazing performance.
- Power consumption is quite high
- The annual filter cost is also high.
5. Rabbit Air Minusa2
If you are looking for the best air purifier for pets, then the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the most impressive choice that you can make. The feature which makes this device stand out from the rest is its 6-stage air filtration system. This ensures to capture any sorts and any amount of pet hairs, furs or feathers.
Another feature which makes this luxury mid-range air purifier a wonderful choice is its Advanced BioGS HEPA filter. This certified True HEPA filter can capture various allergens such as virus particles, pet dander, mold, pollen and fungi particles. Also, without replacing it, this air purifier can last up to 2 years.
These air purifiers are designed with customized filters that provide you with the option to choose between the Odour Remover and Pet Allergy Remover. So, you can choose accordingly as per your issues with the pet allergies or pet odours. With high-end features like Smart Wi-Fi connectivity and Smart Sensor, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is currently the top choice of many users.
- The filtration process of this air purifier is outstanding
- It is designed attractively to provide you high-end features
- It covers an area of 815 square feet
- This air purifier offers top-notch performance
- Comes with a warranty of 5 years.
- It is not compatible with the Android app.
- Comes with low CADR ratings.
Air purifier is undoubtedly a great investment, especially if you are a pet owner. These purifiers will eliminate the pet hair, dust mites, pollens, dander and other particulate matter and thus, it is extremely important to install. Hopefully this guide has helped you out in deciding which product to choose as a safe option for your family. So check out our suggestions for the best air purifier for pets and make a wise choice.