High humidity issues are common for those who work in offices, warehouses or at a construction site. The constant humidification in particularly these areas causes the air to get rather stuffy. The main reason behind this is that these places rarely have a proper ventilation system. Thus, it allows humidity to rise and also makes it an ideal environment for the formation of mold and mildew. These molds not only cause harm to your commercial belongings but also affects the health of various workers or employees working out there.
The only way to protect your commercial as well as residential spaces from the excess moisture problem is to install a commercial dehumidifier. These commercial dehumidifiers take care of the overall health of the place by reducing moisture throughout the space, lessening the chance of building up humidity and removing the foul smell from the place.
These effective features of commercial dehumidifiers make it a good deal for your business as it protects your products and equipment from damage and also takes good care of the health of your employees.
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Commercial Dehumidifier:
With so many brands of commercial dehumidifiers and their unique features, it is quite complicated to narrow down your choices to a single one. Therefore, while choosing a quality commercial dehumidifier that best suits your commercial requirements, it is important to keep in mind some vital factors. These are listed below.
- Coverage Capacity: With an enormous expanse, these dehumidifiers can cover areas of around 10000 cubic feet. So make your choice after measuring how wide the area is that you want to dehumidify.
- Dehumidification Performance: If you want to use this dehumidifier on a large office space, then make sure to choose a model that has a daily dehumidification rate of at least 70-pint, because anything lesser than this will be used for residential purpose and not for commercial one.
- Automatic Drainage: It is important to opt for a commercial dehumidifier that has an in-built pump so that it can drain the collected water automatically.
- Noise Levels: Regardless of the level of humidity, it is recommended to go for a model that boasts two-speed fans. Thus, its operation will not be disruptive and even these types of units are energy-efficient.
- Warranty: While buying any electronic appliance for your office, including commercial dehumidifier, you must consider its warranty period that comes along with the product. In this way, at least for the stipulated period of time, you will be tension-free if anything mistakenly goes wrong with your product.
- Manufacturing Quality: Generally, the commercial dehumidifiers are made up of heavy-duty steel or plastic and this makes them durable. But there are some low-cost commercial dehumidifiers too that are made of lightweight plastic.
- Additional Features: You might also look for some additional features like in-built humidistat and defrosting system in your commercial dehumidifier while choosing it.
Review on Top 6 Commercial Dehumidifiers of 2020:
Today, there are a lot of brands that are manufacturing commercial humidifiers to work in larger spaces. With so many brands and models of dehumidifiers out there, it is difficult to lock down a single unit that can really make a difference to your commercial space.
By installing a quality dehumidifier, not only you can reduce the potential damage to your goods but it will also help you to reduce costs. If you are absolutely confused, then follow this guide till the end. This will help you to choose the most suitable unit for your needs.
1. AlorAir Commercial Water Damage Restoration Dehumidifier: Best Commercial Dehumidifier With Pump
If you are looking for a commercial dehumidifier with more moisture absorbent power for areas that are quite hard to dehumidify, then AlorAir Commercial Water Damage Restoration Dehumidifier is the best product to choose. This dehumidifier is designed specifically for water or flood damage restoration and for places where extensive rainfall takes place. With a coverage area up to 2,300 square feet, it is useful for construction sites and large office buildings too.
This device also has a unique “hot gas” defrosting system which makes it an ideal option for use in extremely cold conditions. This defrosting system will efficiently clear the ice from the coils and this enables you to use this device in temperature down to 35 degrees Fahrenheit. This unit also comes with epoxy coated coils which provides protection to the coils from corrosions. In addition to this, it also maintains the overall heat transfer ability of the dehumidifier and thus extends the life of the coils.
As it comes with an effective waterproof shell, you can even use it safely outside like on a construction site. Its capability of drawing about 85 pints of humidity makes it a worthwhile investment.
- Can be used in extremely cold temperature
- The device is compactly constructed for easy store and transport
- With the incorporated pump, you can remove the collected water
- Comes with a protective waterproof shell
- Compared to other similar designed units, it is quite heavier.
2. Dri-Eaz LGR 7000Xli Portable Refrigerant Dehumidifier: Best Portable Commercial Dehumidifier
This Dri-Eaz Dehumidifier has the capability to withstand even the most humid of places. With the ability to extract about 130 pints of moisture per day, you can easily rely upon this device for using in areas where the humidity level is over 60%. Like other high-end commercial dehumidifiers, this portable unit also comes with inbuilt wheels which allow you to move it without any disturbance.
This unit can freely reach up to 13,000 cubic feet and thus it can be perfectly used for large construction sites. An added advantage of this device is that it comes with a humidistat that helps you to control the humidity level of the room as per your desire. This specifically designed unit along with its capabilities is useful for heavy-duty purposes.
With its wireless technology, you can remotely track the performance of the equipment and site conditions. Thus, all these overall features and specifications make this Dri-Eaz LGR 7000Xli Portable Refrigerant Dehumidifier a well-built device.
- Covers a large area which makes it suitable for large construction sites.
- Well-equipped with wireless technology
- Portable to use with convenient wheels
- This model of dehumidifier boasts wireless technology.
- Somewhat expensive
3. PerfectAire 1PACD150 Damp2Dry Commercial Dehumidifier
Situations like flood or heavy rains might cause great damage to your commercial space and this led to the formation of molds and mildew. This device with its ability of extracting 142 pints of moisture on a daily basis makes it no doubt perfect for rescuing such catastrophic situations like this.
This device is really seamless to use with its soft-touch digital control pad. This digital control pad is so intuitive and user-friendly that you will hardly need a manual to use it. This machine is smartly designed to use in uneven surfaces as it decreases the shaking and shocks caused during movement of the machine. The semi-pneumatic wheels of this device make it convenient to move from one place to another.
This commercial dehumidifier comes with a timer which prevents the machine from running when not needed. However, the washable filter of this device helps in purifying the quality of air to some extent. Simultaneously, it also provides protection from various health problems.
- Its dehumidification rate is high.
- Comes with a hot gas bypass system for automatic defrost.
- It has the ability to absorb shocks and shakes.
- Presence of convenient wheels which makes it portable to carry anywhere
- Comes along with a timer.
- The only downside reported by some users is its poor customer support.
4. Dri-Eaz F413 Revolution: Editor’s Choice
With a coverage area of up to 7,000 square feet, this particular dehumidifier is one of those with the largest coverage areas and is also ideal for large offices or construction sites. The Dri-Eaz F413 Revolution is the ultimate dehumidifier as it can serve larger areas that are lot more tough to dehumidify and where excess moisture is a problem. Whether the compact design of this commercial dehumidifier is considered or its fantastic energy, this model is flawless from all points of view.
When it comes to extraction of moisture from the air, this F412 model is undoubtedly super-efficient with a daily extraction rate of 80 pints. As this model also features a humidistat, you can automatically set the humidity level as per your preferences. One thing to remember is that the safest range of indoors humidity is from 45 percent to 55 percent. Thus, make sure that any humidity level higher or lower than this might put your health in danger.
One of the pros of having this commercial dehumidifier is that this device can even perform in extreme cold temperatures. As this heavy-duty unit comes with no wheels, its portability and movability can be a bit complicated, especially when you require moving it rapidly. Thus, for easy transport purposes, you can use a handtruck to place it in other areas.
- Features a humidistat
- Its dehumidification rate is quite high
- The device is quite energy-efficient and possess touch controls
- The coverage area of this unit is large.
- Absence of wheels makes it harder to move from one place to another.
5. BlueDri BD-76-RED Commercial Dehumidifier: Best Commercial Dehumidifier for Large Greenhouse
The BlueDri BD-76-RED commercial dehumidifier is a sturdy unit perfectly for large greenhouse gases or for construction sites. This highly-efficient unit aims to provide outstanding performance. Its rotational polyethylene housing, rigid handle and semi-pneumatic wheels make it an easy to maneuver unit. With the capability to work in various temperatures, this unit is one of the most versatile ones available in the market.
As the unit comes with a 25-foot cord, its setting up will be quite easier with a lot of flexibility out there. Its drainage allows the pumping of collected water to a particular outlet. With a daily dehumidification rate of 76 pints, this unit is perfect for any condition, whether it’s moist or total wet.
While the brand offers a limited warranty of one year, its housing comes with a guarantee of five years. Being a little weighty at 81 pounds, still many users have become a fan of this device for its superb and extraordinary performance.
- The device possesses high capacity and is easily maneuverable.
- Comes in four different colours- Red, gray, green and blue- thus provides you with a choice to choose the most favourite among them.
- Sturdy construction of the device
- Easily accessible to a wide range of temperatures.
- A little heavy in weight, when compared to other devices with these features.
- This unit comes with limited instructions.
6. Active Air Commercial Dehumidifier 100 Pint 2018 Model: Budget Pick Model
The Active Air 10-pint commercial dehumidifier consists of a heavy-duty compressor and a durable metal casing coated with powder. What makes this model in our top-picks list is its high capability of humidity extraction. This unit has the ability to extract a daily humidification of up to 100 pints. With a coverage area of only 861 square feet, this particular model comes with the smallest coverage area on this list.
Like most other models of commercial dehumidifiers, this unit also comes with an integrated defrost system. Thus, it lessens the defrost time and thereby increases its efficiency. The Active Air 100-pint commercial dehumidifier is equipped with wheels. This makes it easier to move it from one place to another, thereby increasing the portability.
The device comes with a detachable filter which helps in easy maintenance and easy cleaning of it. Apart from this, it also possesses an automatic restart option for controlling humidity. Its superior workmanship and compact construction make it a reliable option for many users.
- The rate of moisture extraction is quite high.
- Removable filter is fitted for easy cleaning.
- Comes with automatic restart feature
- Possess an in-built defrost system
- The coverage area of this dehumidifier is small.
- The device is quite expensive at this range.
In this write-up, you get to know much about commercial dehumidifiers, like, what are these, why it has been used, things to keep in mind while purchasing a good commercial dehumidifier and also some good options for your commercial space. Make sure that the product you are going to purchase suitably fit your needs and comes at an affordable cost. You can go through our recommended products and choose the only that smartly works for you.