With the advancement in digital technology, communication has become quite easier. Now, with the help of different messaging applications, you can connect with your loved ones instantly. Omegle is one such web-based online chatting site through which you can interact or video chat with random strangers from literally any corner of the world.
Recently, this website is popularly used for making contacts and for socializing purposes. This platform is currently used by millions of active users from around the world because of its amazing features, easy accessibility and unique concept. But it has been often found that many users are encountering Omegle error connecting to server while accessing this website.
When this error notification occurs, it restricts you from using any of its services. This is really frustrating for those users who frequently use this website. But the problem can easily be solved by applying some appropriate solutions. So, go through the rest of the article to get rid of this issue.
Possible Reasons Responsible for Omegle Error Connecting to Server:
Before you begin to troubleshoot this error, you must know the causes due to which you are getting this issue. After doing proper research, some causes have been found responsible for the occurrence of this error.
- It can be caused due to faulty network settings.
- The problem might occur due to browsing data that gets accumulated on your computer, either by websites or through Flash plugins.
- The culprit can also be the problematic internet connection or some issue in the server to which you are connected.
- It might also be possible that your website got banned due to violation of User Agreement.
- The issue might be from the end of Omegle service provider.
Now, as you are aware of the causes that led to this issue, you can easily solve it by applying some probable solutions.
Workable Methods for Resolving Omegle Error Connecting to Server:
Whatever be the reason behind this issue, you can easily go through some tweaks and workarounds to get rid of this error. If you are able to detect the cause, then you can directly jump to that particular solution. Else, it is advised to go through each and every of them one by one and check which works for you.
Method 1: Run the “flushdns” Command
Check if running this set of commands in Command Prompt helps to resolve this issue. For that, follow the instructions stated below:
- At first, open the Start menu by turning on your device. Then search for the Command Prompt.
- Now, open Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges by clicking on the “Run as Administrator” button.
- Alternatively, you can also press Windows Logo key + R key and then in the empty field, type cmd to open the Run dialog box. Hit the combination of Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to run Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- After the Command prompt window opens, you need to type in the given below commands one after another and press Enter after each of them.
As the process might take time to finish, wait patiently. Now, re-open Omegle to verify if the Omegle error connecting to server message is still appearing on the screen. If it is, then move on to the next method.
Method 2: Delete All Cookies from your Browser
You can easily solve this problem by deleting all cookies that are stored on your browser. This is because often it is found that the browser fails to load the site properly due to these cookies. So, deleting them will surely help you to get rid of this problem.
But the steps to delete cookies will be different for different browsers. Thus, here we will be discussing the two widely used browsers, i.e., Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
For Google Chrome users:
- First of all, launch the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- When the web browser opens, navigate to the top-right corner of the screen and click on the three vertical dots situated there.
- After that, navigate your mouse pointer to the More Tools option. From there, go to the drop-down menu and choose the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Next, to delete everything, select the “the beginning of time” option from the Time Range.
- There you have to choose the types of data that you want to delete. It is recommended to clear both caches and cookies of the browser.
For Mozilla Firefox users:
- Open the Firefox browser and go to the top-right corner of the page. From there, click on the library-like button.
- Now, move down to the History option and further click on the Clear Recent History option.
- Once you click on this button, you will get to see a few options. Then to clear data under the Time Range, select the ‘Everything’ option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, from the History and Data section, you need to choose the option that you want to delete. Further, tap on the ‘Clear Now’ button to finish the procedure.
- Once the above steps are completed, wait for some time and restart the browser.
Now, you can check if an Omegle error connecting to server message is fixed or not.
Method 3: Use a VPN
If you don’t have enough time to solve the issue, then the best option will be to bypass it using a VPN. Simply by changing the VPN, you can easily enter and access Omegle. But using a VPN can be a bit tricky and it is also illegal in some countries, so before using it, consult whether using it will be ok or not with your network provider.
These are the most effective methods to fix Omegle error connecting to server issues.